Tuesday, January 26, 2016

First Page of 2016

Well, I did it! I managed to make a scrapbook page this month! Since I haven't done any scrapbooking for at least two years I am ridiculously excited about this. I mentioned my goal of making at least one page a month in my last post, where I also shared a kit I put together using some inspiration from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. I am really excited that I managed to make a page using this kit. Without further ado, let me share some pictures.







The page features a silly selfie I took with my cat. This is something I like to do from time to time with my cat, probably because I'm a crazy cat lady. =D He doesn't like it so much....in fact he hates having his picture taken. Which is why for this particular photo he tried to smack my phone with his paw at the last second. But instead of ruining the photo, he managed to make it look like he's taking the picture. =) 

Anyway, I think I managed to use a little bit of everything from my kit for this layout. I used a whole sheet of paper for the background, so that's one sheet used! The turquoise mat is cut from another kit sheet, and I also used a bit of the vellum (the gold hearts under the photo). I did have to pull out another 6x6 pad from outside the kit for the orange mat (note to self: include more contrasting colors in next kit). The turqoise dots running under the photo are from the rub-on sheet. I don't use rub-ons very much but I LOVE how they look here. The letter stickers for the title also had to pulled in from my stash....because I didn't include any in my kit!! It completely slipped my mind and I'd already photographed the whole kit before I realized my error (note to self: alphabets are essential =P).



I used some stickers from the sticker sheets, some of the sequins and pearls, and that random little ticket strip for this embellishment cluster. Also a teeny tiny punch from the reverse side of that orange paper.




Some more sequins and tiny label punches helped me embellish this bit that was printed in the upper corner of the paper. Also a teensy scrap of vellum (this is why I can't throw away even the tiniest bit of paper! =P) 

I almost forgot! The layout of this page was completely inspired by the wonderful Glitter Girl videos done by Shimelle. This video in particular really helped me put this page together. When I sat down to do some scrapping, I found that I was completely nervous and intimidated because it had been so long. I don't know what I would have done without the inspiration from that video. Thanks, Glitter Girl! =) 

Well, thanks for looking! I think this page really helped me find a scrapping groove again and I'm looking forward to doing more! 

*~M~*



5 comments:

  1. This page certainly doesn't look like you haven't scrapbooked in two years - it looks great! You did a wonderful job, especially with the layers and lovely embellishment clusters. Here's hoping this is just the first of many new pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Susan, it's a great looking page that really complements your photo. Love all the little touches you've added from your kit. Scrap on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your process. I love to hear how people pull it all together. Don't know if anyone has told you, but it is ok to pull in more stash into your kit at any time. Using your stash is the overall goal. If this is what you create after a two year hiatus, I can't wait to see what develops over the next few months. btw, what is your cat's name "Kitty"? He is soooo handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! My cat's "legal" name is Neville, but I pretty much always call him Kitty, and that's what he responds to. And thank you, I think he's handsome too. =)

      Delete
  4. I'm also impressed that this is your first page for so long - it's right up to date and beautifully made. I agree about adding into your kit - I like to twist the "rules" and sometimes, there are all sorts of stuff in the box at the end of the scrapping time that were not there at the beginning. But it's interesting to read how you identified some musts for yourself - contrast and alphas - so that you can be even more successful next month. You might even get so inspired and motivated that you will exceed your goal of one layout a month. A really super page and welcome again to CKC - glad to have you here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers