Thursday, April 25, 2013

Halloween....in April?!??

Hello all! I have a confession to make....I have a problem. It is called Halloween-craft-supply addiction. I absolutely canNOT resist anything with bats and spiders and skulls and orange and black and purple.... (although not necessarily all at once =P) I'm not sure why, because I don't really CELEBRATE Halloween, at least not in the dress-up-and-party sort of way. I put up some decorations, maybe carve a couple pumpkins, and eat some candy corn. That's it! But for some reason, any craft supplies with Halloween motifs are irresistible. I really need to be going to meetings or something...
Also, I have a new, more general obsession, and it is called Pop N' Cuts. After seeing some amazing creations made with these dies (like this....or this) I went to the Sizzix site and watched some videos by Karen Burniston and absolutely fell in love. I immediately decided that I need to get in the business of pop-up cards and purchased a couple of dies. And while shopping, I found...surprise! A SPIDER POP-UP. Are you kidding me?!? At almost 50 percent off?!? YES. MINE. =) And as soon as I got it, I had to try it out and make a card. I dug into my somewhat ridiculous stash of Halloween themed supplies and came up with a very spidery card. =)



The front features some Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers dies I was really excited to get last year (it's a wee spider! And a 31! =P). I accented some of the web on the patterned paper with Stickles...aside from looking glittery and cool, it helped my little spider stand out on the black paper. Both the spider and the 31 were colored with Distress Inks and then covered with Glossy Accents.



And here's the inside, in all it's popped up glory. Isn't it cool?? =) These pop up dies are way too fun.




Hopefully you can see in this close up that my spider is a little bit sparkly. He's covered in Black Soot Distress Stickles. After I edited this photo, I thought maybe it wasn't scary enough, so......


Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

Also, I had to make a little video to show off the pop up. I took this video with my phone using the Super 8 app, and I had one hand on my phone and one hand on the card, which is why it's a little shaky. Music provided by my iPod. Goofy sound effects provided by me. =P



That's all I have to share today. Thanks so much for looking! Any tips on curing my Halloween addiction would be greatly appreciated.... =) 

*~M~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers