Wednesday, May 30, 2012

(Belated) Mother's Day Card

Hello Bloglandians! I just realized that I never posted the card I made this year for Mother's Day. I intended to post it the day after Mom's Day (so that my blog post didn't spoil the surprise...) and apparently never got around to it. So here it is....finally. =) I wanted to play with the new Spring Seasonal Distress Inks and make a shaded background. This is probably my favorite technique to use with Distress Inks, because I really feel like I'm not doing any work at all, and the inks just blend so beautifully together. It's like magic. For this card I used the new Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac inks, along with Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves. I then stamped the background stamp from Tim's Papillon set using Seedless Preserves. Here's what the background looked like before I attached it to the card:


I had originally intended to build up some kind of embellishment in the center of the card and have quite a bit of decoration on the front. But when the background was done I couldn't bear to cover it up! So I decided to just add a simple flower to the front, along with a little twine from the Twinery. I'm not sure who makes the flower...it came in a Jenni Bowlin kit. Here it is all finished:


I think I will also put this in as a last minute entry to the Inspiration Emporium monthly challenge, where the theme is flowers. Thanks so much for looking!

*~M~*


1 comment:

  1. love those blended colours! really lovely and the flower is delightful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers