Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love Tag

Hello Blog Readers! I've been busily working on some Valentine's projects over the last few days and now I've just got to work on getting them posted. The first one is a tag. This tag actually started as something completely different. I was going to try a couple new techniques and they just didn't work out. So then I had a tag background that needed embellishing and I had to come up with a new idea. The final layout for the tag was actually inspired by Tim's tag for the 1st day of 12 Tags of Christmas 2011. (Here is the tag I did for that day originally, if you're interested. =) )



I started by coloring the tag with Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick, and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks. Then I distressed the edges of the tag and then edged it with Aged Mahogany. I sprayed the background with a little Biscotti Perfect Pearls mist, just to give it a little shimmer. You can barely see it in the second photo there, but I stamped the large background from the Papillon set in Tattered Rose, then stamped the butterflies, a sentiment, and a flourish from another set in Vintage Photo.





The letters are grungeboard letters colored with Victorian Velvet and then covered with gold Perfect Pearls. I also used a ton of dies on this: the roses are made from the Tattered Pinecone die....it was my first try at making the roses, I think they turned out fairly well. =) (See Tim's insanely awesome video on making these here) Also I used the Tattered Banners, Festive Greenery, Autumn Gatherings, and Vintage Lace strip dies to make the other embellishments. I think everything was cut from Kraft Core....I'm not sure about the lace because I had it pre-cut from another project in a drawer. I also covered the lace in some Antique Linen Stickles for even more sparkly goodness. =)

Ooh, I almost forgot about the ribbon! It's the ribbon from the Idea-ology Trimmings pack, and I died it using Aged Mahogony and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I do this by just putting a little ink from the pad directly on my craft sheet, squirting it with some water, and then squishing the ribbon around in it until it's colored how I want it. I know this can be done more easily by just swiping the ribbon directly with Distress Stains, but I highly doubt that it's as FUN. There's just something about squishing something around in ink and getting your fingers all messy that is super fun. Especially when the result is something beautiful. =)

I think that's all I have to say about this one. I think I will enter this in Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper challenge. Check out her awesome blog and the challenge here.

Thanks for looking!

*~M~* 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this... loads... just my colours and I love how you adapted the 12 tags to Valentines... inspired! thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers