Friday, December 2, 2011

12 Tags....Day 2

Hello again! Posting twice in one day to get caught up on my tags... Here's the link to Tim's post for today. This one scared me a little at first but in a way ended up being more fun because unlike the first tag, I didn't have a lot of the supplies for this one. Namely, I was short some Kraft resist paper. So I decided to see if I could make my own by doing some clear emboss resist with one of Tim's Christmas stamps. I THINK it would have worked in theory...but it didn't work out in practice, and I'm pretty sure that's because the paper I used wasn't dark enough and so there was not enough contrast once the stain was on. I ended up stamping over it with Coffee Archival. I could have started over, but.... I guess I was just being lazy. =P Here's some photos so you can see what I'm talking about:



One thing that DID turn out well was my faked holly print. I just stamped the holly image from Tim's Holiday Wishes set with Jet Black Archival and made sure it was set before I used the stain. Then I colored it just like in Tim's instructions and I think it looks great. Hopefully it distracts from my wonky sentiment. =P I'm also liking my lovely lady deer's festive red wreath and jingle bell, which were also modifications made due to lack of supplies. =) When all was said and done I actually had a lot of fun coming up with different ways to do things....and now I know how to fake some Kraft resist properly for next time!

Thanks for looking!

*~M~*

1 comment:

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers