Sunday, September 4, 2011

Stamp-tember challenge


Hello Bloglanders! It's STAMP-tember over at Simon Says Stamp! They're having some great sales, but best of all, there is a fun "anything goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog. All kinds of fun new Halloween products are coming out right now, so I decided to make a Halloween card for the challenge. I really wanted to play with these new stamps that I got. The set is called Creepy Lane and it's from Inkadinkadoo. I bought the set purely because I fell in love with this window image:


I think this image has so many fun possibilities for coloring or making it look like stained glass. Here I decided to go fairly simple and do a resist technique, so I embossed it with black embossing powder and then colored the tag with Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, and Dusty Concord Distress Inks. Then I edged the tag with some Black Soot. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is probably my second favorite stamp in the set. I love the font...it's creepy, but sort of cute at the same time. =) The background was stamped with Versamark using the Teeny Tiny Backdrops set from Lawn Fawn. The patterned paper is from DCWV. Ooh, I almost forgot, I colored the ribbon with Dusty Concord Distress Stain. I'd never tried this before and was really impressed with how well it worked. I didn't really think I needed the Distress stains...until now. I love ribbon and it would be so cool to make custom colors like this! Also I was able to age the patterned paper a little by swiping Antique Linen stain over it. It was just the right color to make it look slightly distressed without obscuring the pattern.
I was having so much fun with the Versamark (another new technique for me) that I wanted to make a few more watermarks on the inside with some of the other stamps in this set. Here's a peek:


I also used the cute little moon stamp in the opposite corner. =)
I think that's it! Over at the Lily Pad Cards blog they are having a resist challenge, so I'll be entering this card there too.

Thanks for looking!
*~M~*

3 comments:

  1. a really lovely card and that's a fab image on your tag - well done.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Halloween card is super, Mary, thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers