Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lawnscaping Embossing Challenge


Hello everyone! I just have a fairly quick card today to enter into the Lawnscaping Embossing Challenge. I wanted to do some dry embossing for this and I thought my Tim Holtz woodgrain Texture Fade would work nicely with the tree and sentiment from the Critters in the Forest set. Here's my card:





I included the close ups so you can see the inking I did a little bit better. After embossing the cardstock I used some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to make the raised portions stand out a little better. The tree was stamped on Grungepaper, colored with Vintage Photo, Bundled Sage, and Forest Moss inks and then cut out. I got a very nice compliment on this tree....I was showing the finished card to my boyfriend and when I told him how I made the tree he was really surprised. He told me he thought it was a pre-made embellishment. I guess that means it looks pretty good! =) The twine is from The Twinery. (I'm loving this stuff! So fun to play with!)

I think that's all for this card. Check out the Lawnscaping blog if you haven't already, it's very fun. Thanks for looking!

*~M~*

3 comments:

  1. Mary, super cute! I love the woodgrain background paired with the tree and the little heart embellishment is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!!! The embossed/distressed background is amazing with the pine tree - and I love that sentiment!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card! Agree with Laurel, love the background. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers