Saturday, August 20, 2011

Scrapbooking challenge with Shimelle

Holy cow, Bloglanders, I have completely neglected my blog lately. Life got a little crazy this month. I was assistant stage manager for my community theatre group, Twelfth Night Productions, and the last three weekends we had performances. I'm actually writing this post backstage before our second to last performance. These summer musicals are always fun, but I'm also looking forward to getting back to crafting and blogging. I feel so behind!
Anywho, last weekend Shimelle had a whole online scrapbooking weekend, and of course I missed out on most of it, because I was busy pulling the curtain backstage. =P Today I managed to make a layout based on one of my favorite challenges from the week. I was really inspired by the misting on the background in Shimelle's layout, and I had just gotten some Turquoise Perfect Pearls mist that I couldn't wait to use. I also decided I would scraplift the layout design.  I loved the white space in Shimelle's page, and I wanted to see if I could duplicate it. Here's the layout:


All the paper and embellishments are from the October Afternoon Thrift Shop collection (I'm in LOVE with this) except for the turquoise and white circle piece behind the title (a die cut from the Basic Grey Sweet Threads collection) and the "brother" and "sister" rub-ons, which are Jenni Bowlin. I especially like the thin border piece at the bottom, which is cut from a sheet that is covered with text. When I saw the "We do not remember days, we remeber moments" amongst all the text I knew I needed to cut that part out for the border. I love it. =) The title letters are from various Grungeboard alphabets which I colored with Black Soot Distress Ink and then coated with Glossy Accents.  Of course the rosette is Tim's rosette die.
Here is a close up of the title letters. You can almost see some of the Perfect Pearls mist in the upper left corner there. It was much more subtle than I thought it would be, but in person it looks great. And for all you grammar-philes, I know that "Me and Timm" is not proper grammar. "Timm and I" just sounds too formal to me for a scrapbook page. =P


I think that's it.... it feels so great to do a blog post again! Thanks for looking!

*~M~*
 


1 comment:

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers