Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Card

I am posting this Mother's Day card belatedly because I actually gave it to my mom, and I wanted it to be a surprise. Since she looks at my blog on occasion (Hi, Mom!) I couldn't post it until now. I'm also pretty excited because this is the first time posting something I colored with my new Copic markers. At this point I really should give a shout out to Suzanne Dean over at ScrapBitz. Her Copic tutorial videos are AMAZING. She also teaches online courses here. I spent about a month surfing the Internet researching Copics, and she had all the information I needed in the first video of her first class. =P I'm making my way through the beginning class and it is great. Anywho, after all that fanfare, here is my card:



This adorable stamped image is Spring Kiki by C.C. Designs. She's so cute I can hardly stand it. =) The patterned paper is all Basic Grey, from the Kioshi and Basics White collections. The buttons and chipboard butterfly are Kioshi coordinating embellishments. The border strip was punched with this Martha Stewart punch. (I have to admit, I avoided Martha Stewart products for a long time because they're a little pricey, but those border punches are awesome!)

Here is a close-up of Kiki, so you can see the coloring:


She was colored with these Copics: Y000,Y21,Y11/E21,E11,E000,R20/V000,V12,V15/RV10,RV21/
G20,G21/BG10,BG34/C3,E0000
She also has some Stardust Stickles on her pearls and hairband for a little glitter.
I'm particularly happy with the way her hair turned out, because I kind of had to make up that yellow combo on the fly with what I have on hand. I think I will use it again. =)

Thanks for looking! And a belated Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! 

*~M~* 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to comment. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement! =)

Followers